Saturday 12 February 2011

63 days to go -half marathon pb but it's time to crank up the training !

Sorry for the gap since my lost blog ,been busy ! I enjoyed a slightly easier week in the build up to the great bentley half marathon on 6th feb (about 25 miles) .The reviews for this race said it was a fast flat course . It was fast and flat but boring as well .There was also a strong wind which was against you for most of the race , however the miles I have been putting in got me to the line in 1hour 42 minutes for a 5 minute pb so I was quite pleased . Next race on the agenda is the tough roding valley half marathon but I am looking forward to it although much will depend on the conditions. Last year it was freezing with heavy rain , totally miserable . Hopefully we will get better weather this year . There should be a good turnout from my running club so it would be nice to run well although the marathon is more important . I have a long run planned for next friday 18th feb  ,3 hours in the forest in the morning ,anyone want to join me ?
I wont comment about the decision about the olympic park going to west ham and the possible effects on my beloved leyton orient . Will be great for west ham watching championship football with a running track in the way !

No comments:

Post a Comment