Thursday 27 January 2011

80 days to go - cake, jelly babies and an oh so sweet taste of the orient

Had a fab weekend . On saturday I watched the orient stuff sheff wed 4-0 ,yes 4-0 ! Then on sunday accompanied by my friends at ELR I took on and conquered the benfleet 15 with a time of 2 hours 8 mins , 12 minutes faster than last year .  I only fell over once but as I say you only get full value for money if you taste the clay ! The 15 mile route is part trail and part mud and water and is tough to say the least but it's great fun and I cant wait to do it again next year . The race is well organised with water stations and jelly babies a plenty . The marshalls are loud and enthusiastic although most of their energy is used when cheering on their fellow club mates . The cold showers are refreshing but not as good as the cakes which are fantastic at only 50p a piece .
Marathon training is difficult but with only just over 10 weeks to go the end is in sight . No race this week apart from the serpentine 5k on friday . Not sure if I will pb as my legs are knackered  but check back in to see how I go .

No comments:

Post a Comment